Indian Railway is moving quick to associate Ladakh with New Delhi through rail lines by facilitating take a shot at the deliberately critical Bilaspur-Manali-Leh eIpansive check rail line.
The area overview of the main stage is finished. The last area overview is required to be finished in 30 months after which a point by point venture report will be settled.
Railway has proposed it to be announced a national project. It is the most troublesome task attempted by the railways till date given the territory over which the tracks must be laid.
Railway has recommended that development on a 51 kilometer extend between Upshi in Himachal Pradesh and Phe in Leh should start instantly.
10 important things you should know about Ladakh railway project
- The Bilaspur-Manali-Leh railroad line is evaluated to cost Rs 83,360 crore. It is a 465-km railroad line. It would be the most noteworthy railroad tracks on the planet when finish.
- At its most noteworthy point, the tracks would be at 5,360 meters above ocean level. It is similar just to the Qinghai-Tibet Railway Line in China, or, in other words stature of around 2,000 meters above ocean level.
- There would be 30 stations on the new line taking Railways closer to India-China fringe in Ladakh.
- The critical areas to be associated in transit among Bilaspur and Leh are Sundernagar, Mandi, Manali, Keylong, Koksar, Darcha, Upshi and Karu in the conditions of Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir.
- This line is relied upon to enable the military, to help tourism and give a noteworthy push to advancement in Ladakh district. In the event that its Railways’ proposition pronouncing a national task is acknowledged by the legislature, the Center would give a large portion of the assets making the activity simpler.
- Of aggregate 465 km length, 52 percent would experience burrows, the longest of which would be 27 km long. Add up to length of the passages would be 244 km.
- As indicated by the primary period of the study, the railroad line will have 74 burrows, 124 noteworthy scaffolds and 396 minor extensions.
- The railway line associating Bilaspur with Leh would rise up out of Bhanu Palli rail line station on the Anandpur Sahib course.
- It is a tough landscape in a zone that is inclined to avalanches. Oxygen level decreases at this height and temperature drops to below zero levels.
- As indicated by Chief Administrative Officer (Construction) of Northern Railway Alok Kumar, the Bilaspur-Manali-Leh rail line venture is more troublesome than the one embraced by the division in Jammu and Kashmir already.
- The last area overview is being attempted at an expense of Rs 457.72 crore, he said. It would be finished in three stages – advanced assessment of height display, choice of way for better arrangement and land review for extensions and passages.
- Whenever finish, prepares on Bilaspur-Manali-Leh line would keep running at a speed of 75 kmph. It will lessen the separation between Delhi to Leh from the present 40 hours to 20 hours.
- BJP MP from Leh Thupstan Chhewang had composed a letter to the Minister of Railways looking for the Ladhak railway task to be agreed the status of a national venture.
- The 51-km extend among Upshi and Leh has a delicate angle contrasted with whatever is left of the venture. It is probably going to take two years for fruition with an expected expense of Rs 5,000 crore.