JAGANNATH TEMPLE IN
When Pandavas began their journey to Yamraj, they were advised by the Sapt Rishis to must visit the ‘Chaar Dham’ that will get them closer to ‘moksha’. One of these holy places of Chaar Dham is the Lord Jagannath Temple in , Odisha.
Did you know, some amazing, science-defying miracles happen at Puri ? Here they are:
- The flag always flaps in a direction opposite to the direction in which the wind is blowing.
- Gaze from any place in Puri, and you will always find the Sudarshan Charka (charka at the top of the temple) always facing you.
- Normally during day-time, the wind blows from the sea to the land and in the evening, the opposite happens. But in Puri, the opposite happens.
- Birds or planes do not fly above the temple.
- The shadow of the main dome is invisible at any time of day.
- The quantity of cooked food inside the temple remains same the entire year. And the same prasadam can feed whatever be the number of devotees – a few thousand people or 20 lakh people. It never gets wasted.
- In the temple kitchen, seven pots are kept on top of each other and cooked on firewood. In this process, the contents of the top pot get cooked first, lastly, the bottommost one!
- On entering from Singhadwara, as one takes the first step inside the Temple, you can’t hear any sound produced by the ocean. But when you cross the same step outside the Temple, you can hear it.
Data sources :
AJIT KUMAR PANIGRAHI